We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
- WHY YOU NEED IT: This Fuel Line Disconnect Tool makes fuel filter replacement easy. The quick disconnect coupler fittings have a locking mechanism inside the outer housing that goes over the lip of the fuel filter while the tool gets under the locking mechanism and releases the inner lip.
- APPLICATIONS: This disconnect tool is necessary for Fuel, Heater, and A/C line service on many late model vehicles. Use it to release locking mechanisms on 3/8-inch and 5/16-inch fuel lines on 1989 and Newer GM, 1990 and Newer Ford, and some 1990 and Newer Mazda Vehicles.
- TIPS: Relieve the pressure in the fuel line before disconnecting it, and remember to pull on the line after the spring (locking mechanism) has been released. Some Fords have “Blue Clips” (pictured in this listing) which can be released with a screwdriver, but you’ll need this fuel line disconnect tool for the other side of the Ford fuel filter.
- RELIABLE | EFFECTIVE | EFFICIENT: Users trust ARES to be quality tools. You are backed by our Performance Assurance Limited Lifetime Warranty. If you have any issues with your ARES Scissor Fuel Line Disconnect Tool, simply contact customer service for troubleshooting help, parts, replacement, or refund.
- ASPCA BUSINESS AMBASSADOR: We are proud to be part of the ASPCA Business Ambassador Program. If you have a pet, you realize they are more than a pet, they are part of the family. With your support, we’re proud to help this great organization.